You might be in a mess while dealing with gunk over your tools and parts. Scrubbing the parts to cut the filths is a time-consuming work hectic job.
Well, using a good part washer solvent will liberate you from scrubbing. Besides, it provides a great cleaning to induce a shiny look. And finding a good solvent can take you hours.
But here is the catch-
If you do a good amount of market research, and set your own list of requirements, you can end up with the best parts washer solvent within your budget.
And for you, we’ve done the mammoth task completed.
We got here 10 of the best quality solvents to clean all the parts gunk in no time. For instance, let’s have a look at the comparison chart of the best 10 picks today-
Table of Contents
- Comparison on Best Parts Washer Solvent
- Review of 10 Best Parts Washer Solvent
- 1. Oil Eater Original 1 Gallon Cleaner
- 2. Oil Eater AOD5G35438 Original 5 Gallon Cleaner
- 3. Torin Big Red Steel Cabinet Parts Washer with 110V Electric Pump
- 4. B'laster - 5-PWS - Parts Wash Solvent
- 5. Black Bull PWASH20 Parts Washer with 20 Gallon Capacity
- 6. Goplus 20 Gallon Automotive Parts Washer Cleaner Heavy Duty Electric Solvent Pump
- 7. Goplus 3-1/2 Gallon Electric Parts Washer Solvent Pump Portable New
- 8. Chemical Guys CLD_104 Grime Reaper Extremely Strong Degreaser
- 9. OEMTOOLS 24804 Mobile Parts Washer
- 10. CRC 05067 Parts Washer Solvent - 5 Gal
- Buying Guide for Best Parts Washer Solvent
- Cleaning Methods Used by Parts Washer
- Managing Parts Washer Solvent Waste
- Final Thoughts
Comparison on Best Parts Washer Solvent
Solvent Quantity (Gallons)
Oil Eater Original 1 Gallon Cleaner
Water Based Liquid
Oil Eater AOD5G35438 Original 5 Gallon Cleaner
Water Based Liquid
Torin Big Red Steel Cabinet Parts Washer with 110V Electric Pump
B'laster - 5-PWS - Parts Wash Solvent
Oil Based Liquid
Black Bull PWASH20 Parts Washer with 20 Gallon Capacity
Goplus 20 Gallon Automotive Parts Washer Cleaner Heavy Duty Electric Solvent Pump
Goplus 3-1/2 Gallon Electric Parts Washer Solvent Pump Portable New
Chemical Guys CLD_104 Grime Reaper Extremely Strong Degreaser
Water Based Liquid
OEMTOOLS 24804 Mobile Parts Washer
CRC 05067 Parts Washer Solvent - 5 Gal
Water Based Liquid
Review of 10 Best Parts Washer Solvent
1. Oil Eater Original 1 Gallon Cleaner
Along with this specially formulated solvent, you will surely enjoy great degreasing and washing for your parts. Not to mention, this Oil Eater creation is able to stand for top performance for both industrial and household applications.
The water-based formulation is biodegradable which makes it safe for intense cleaning even for septic tanks. In fact, it gets an overall safe dissolution of hazardous material in a reasonable time.
Without the slightest toxic, corrosive or hazardous ingredients, this one comes with USDA approval to induce a professional cleaning. Again, it comes with no acid, petroleum or any other abrasive solvent to wipe out the oil and grease.
The best part is you can use it on almost all non-food surfaces for household and industrial facilities. Though this best water-based solvent for parts washer is highly concentrated, you can easily obtain the optimum cleaning performance.
- Safe dissolving of oil and grease deposits within minutes.
- Biodegradable cleaning solvent offers greater suitability.
- Water-based formulation cleans all non-food surfaces.
- USDA approval induces no existence of harmful ingredients.
- Only water is required to obtain a diluted concentration.
- Heavily unsuitable for aluminium, glass, and leather.
- Fully concentrated solvent may break the asphalt down.
2. Oil Eater AOD5G35438 Original 5 Gallon Cleaner
This second one from our top pick is not as strong as the previous one but still delivers superior cleaning for the oil deposits. In fact, this solvent from Oil Eater combines all the necessary ingredients to wipe out the filths.
The oil eater liquid comes with a biodegradable formulation. Moreover, it is less hazardous to use than cheap and toxic ones. Again, this best parts washer solvent allows you to clean areas having thick and polluted oil and grease.
The 5-gallon container comes with enough amount to take care of the tremendous amount of oil with one purchase. Containing almost no corrosive or toxic constituents, you can safely apply and clean the solvents.
Apart from that, the non-flammable mixture encourages the safety which will certainly help you to clean various sensitive automotive parts. This is indeed a perfect solvent to induce light, medium or heavy cleaning.
- Powerful water-based formulation delivers perfect cleaning.
- Enhanced safety without any toxic or corrosive ingredients.
- Greater suitability for cleaning sensitive automotive parts.
- Biodegradable mixture induces wider applications for parts.
- Sufficient dilution can be made for the concentrated liquid.
Household application is prohibited for this solvent.
Not suitable for cleaning any warm silk or suede.
3. Torin Big Red Steel Cabinet Parts Washer with 110V Electric Pump
With the rapid influence of modern technique, here we got an electric cleaner to take care of oils and greases. Torin came out of conventional liquid cleaner and produced an electric chamber to clean the dirt.
There comes a cabinet of washer parts made of compact steel. The high-quality steel gets durability and sufficient support for the pump. The basin dimensions include 18” width, 13.5” depth along with 9” height.
The cabinet is rather suitable for cleaning smaller gears like wheel bearings or carburetors. This unique washer is suitable to clean alongside with biodegradable cleaners and mineral spirits.
The 3.5-gallon reservoir capacity comes with a pump that can recycle ½ gallons every minute. Although it may not seem fit to make a decent cleaning for large parts, you can rely on to receive a satisfactory performance.
- Steel constructed compact cabinet for washing.
- Maximum 3.5-gallon reservoir capacity at once.
- Included motor pumps 325 gallons per hour.
- A fusible link for the lid encourages fire safety.
- Compatible with mineral & biodegradable solvents.
- Washing larger and irremovable parts are impossible.
- Not to use with flammable or combustible solvents.
4. B'laster - 5-PWS - Parts Wash Solvent
This traditional looking container comes with a powerful cleaning solvent to deal with industrial oil and grease. The 1-gallon container of B’laster offers sufficient liquid to cut your oil problems in a matter of moments.
Through the development of chemical formulation, this one arrives to outperform the common solvents based on mineral spirits. You can get lots of spirits while re-circulating parts which can be avoided by using this one.
Having a considerably higher flashpoint of 145°F, it offers a safe application for warmer metal parts. Also, it triggers an easy cutting for hardened motor oils with other diesel and grease without leaving the slightest residue.
Though it a powerful cleaning agent, it is only suitable for industrial automotive parts. Not to mention, it is made for metals, plastics, and painted surfaces to give you a residue-free part exterior in the first place.
- Complete cutting off oil and grease without any residue.
- Better re-circulating cut through the developed formula.
- Greater flashpoint of 145°F can clean warmer surfaces.
- Concentrated liquid induces a quick cleaning for parts.
- Suitable for painted, metallic as well as plastic surfaces.
- Diluted concentration using water is not possible.
- Any household applications can cause damages.
5. Black Bull PWASH20 Parts Washer with 20 Gallon Capacity
There comes another electric washer to provide you with a more convenient and easy cleaning. Not to mention, this creation of Black Bull can efficiently remove the grease and oil for moderately larger parts than the previous one.
Along with steel construction, you will get a secure and sturdy basin to cut the deposits for metal gears. The included electrical pump remains enclosed which delivers quicker washing thanks to fluid recirculation.
Apart from that, the removable work shelf with adjustable nozzle induces better and convenient coverage. You will find an on/off switch to trigger the cleaning which comes with an additional indicating light.
The 120V/60Hz pump can function for moderate-sized parts. With flexible pipe, you can get 318 gph output which reduces to 192 gph with a pipe. You can choose this modern tool to get rid of all grimes, greases and oils.
- Sturdy cleaning basin with quality steel construction.
- Removable shelf with adjusted nozzle offer full coverage.
- Higher recirculation rate of 2.6-3.2 gpm inside the basin.
- A 12-gallon solvent capacity for the 20-gallon tank.
- Fusible link on the lid provides safety against fire hazard.
- Poor welding quality may end up in developing leaks.
- The pump stem may break off due to careless usage.
6. Goplus 20 Gallon Automotive Parts Washer Cleaner Heavy Duty Electric Solvent Pump
It is another electric washing solvent from our best parts washer solvents which shares several similarities with the aforementioned one. Apart from the red appearance, you will get perfect service through this machine from Goplus.
The highly carbonated steel with integrated welding induces a sturdy washer for your parts. Having powder-coated finishing for the construction, this one comes with better stability for its self-standing design.
With the submersible pump, you will receive a higher flow circulation of 4.4 gpm. The flexible spigot with circulation rinse allows the pump to function with greater efficiency. Maximum water lifting capacity of 6ft encourages better circulation.
The 20-gallon tank contains a removable shelf offering greater cleaning spaces. There is also a smaller basket to keep smaller things. Therefore, you can choose this for proper household and industrial applications.
- Greater durability with sturdy carbonated steel construction.
- Self-standing & integrated welding induces a stable frame.
- Easy and thorough cleaning along with the submersible pump.
- Heat resisting link for the automated lid provides fire safety.
- Removable shelf and basket offer further spaces for cleaning.
- Assembly may seem a bit difficult for beginners.
- Poor shipping can easily damage the enclosed pump.
7. Goplus 3-1/2 Gallon Electric Parts Washer Solvent Pump Portable New
There are more similarities than differences for this one with the previous solvent. This Goplus creation has the same construction with a smaller dimension and capacity which provides no less service than its competitors.
The integrated welding along with highly carbonated steel induces a perfect washer for small parts. This one comes with better stability for its self-standing design, thanks to its powder-coated finishing.
You will get a much higher flow circulation of 5.28 gpm with the enclosed pump. The automated rinse with flexible spigot triggers better functionality. Moreover, the maximum water lifting capacity of 7ft is also higher than the previous one.
The 3.5-gallon capacity also has a removable shelf allowing further cleaning spaces. Though there exists no small basket to deal with smaller gears, yet you will get one best solvent for parts washer for sure.
- Thorough & easier cleaning with the submersible pump.
- High-quality carbonated steel induces better durability.
- Integrated welding for self-standing frame offers stability.
- Removable interior shelf delivers further cleaning spaces.
- Compact & lightweight design gets increased portability.
- The fitting between the pump and nozzle is quite weak.
- Suitable for only small and moderate-sized parts.
8. Chemical Guys CLD_104 Grime Reaper Extremely Strong Degreaser
This one will get you back to the classic liquid solvents where high concentration provides a powerful mitigation. In fact, the Chemical Guys introduce an excessively concentrated cleaning solvent like no other.
You can use this heavy concentration to address even the oldest and toughest oil and grease deposit within a reasonable time. And the best part is you can make a wide range of diluted solvents to apply.
In fact, you can add 6-9 times of water to dilute the 1-gallon liquid. This water-based degreasing agent can thus remove the oil, grease and even accumulated filth without retaining any sort of white residue.
Using this liquid, you will break apart the strong bond between grease particles to bid adieu to the years of filths. Through advanced formula, this great liquid is capable of delivering professional cleaning for the parts.
- Extremely concentrated liquid solvent to clean all greases.
- Wider applications along with 6-9 times diluted concentration.
- Rinse cleaning allows no white residue to stain over surfaces.
- Non-flammable production for the water-based degreaser.
- Non-toxic ingredients induce safety and ease for the user.
- Poor stickiness leads to a watery condition quite soon.
- Certain users feel uncomfortable with the Windex-like smell.
9. OEMTOOLS 24804 Mobile Parts Washer
Along with this best parts washer solvent, you will enjoy the maximum portability for sure. In fact, the OEMTOOLS induces an electric basin to cut the greases that comes without any feet to support.
It measures 26” length, 18” width with 9.5” depth which is rather spacious to clean various small parts. With superior construction, it comes with only 11 pounds of weight which is considerably lightweight than its counterparts.
Again, the moderate solution capacity will deliver sufficient dissolution of oils and grease. the minimum capacity is 2-gallons whereas the maximum capacity is 4-gallons with a pump output of 4 gpm.
Therefore, you will receive a greater amount of flow circulation which is about 264 gallons/hour. Though this doesn’t hold good for moderate or larger parts, you will get a perfect service for the small ones.
- Maximum strength for the basin with superior construction.
- Sufficient space to carry out quick and thorough cleaning.
- Lightweight frame induces maximum portability for the user.
- Higher output of 264 gallons per hour for the enclosed pump.
- The 4-gallon capacity easily cuts motor oil and heavy greases.
- Only suitable for washing smaller automotive parts.
- The motor pressure is quite high than necessary.
10. CRC 05067 Parts Washer Solvent - 5 Gal
The very last item of our top pick may look a bit older version, yet comes with sufficient power to cut unnecessary greases. Of course, this solvent from CRC provides a powerful liquid to get the job done.
With the developed water-based formulation, it is biodegradable allowing you to use it for various intense cleaning. Not to mention, it delivers a safe dissolution of hazardous material in a reasonable time.
Containing almost no corrosive or toxic constituents, you can safely apply and clean the solvents. The 5-gallon container comes with enough amount to take care of the tremendous amount of filths over surfaces.
Not to mention, the liquid is suitable to apply over painted spaces, plastics with all metal surfaces. You will surely receive a satisfactory cleaning performance using this classic yet powerful washing solvent.
- Biodegradable liquid offers wider applications for parts.
- perfect cleaning along with powerful water-based formula.
- Concentration can be easily diluted using dilution charts.
- Greater suitability for cleaning sensitive automotive parts.
- Optimum safety without any toxic or corrosive ingredients.
- Diluted concentration may not work for thick filth.
- The liquid smell may provide discomfort for some users.
Buying Guide for Best Parts Washer Solvent
It is true that many people intend to buy a cheap washer solvent rather than a good quality one. The fact is you will mostly waste the money as poor quality solvents can barely cut the greases or oils especially when it’s thick and intense. To get the best parts washer solvent, you have to consider certain factors. In fact, knowing these will certainly help you to experience a quick and uniform removal of filths.
- Material Composition: When it is about liquid solvents, you must check out the composition. In this case, you have to confirm that the liquid is non-toxic, non-corrosive without any acid or abrasive constituents.
- Design & Shape: While getting an electrical one, you must consider shape, size, and construction. Metal construction with electricity and liquids leads to a dangerous combination. You must ensure the proper size with a motor pump capacity.
- Desired Applications: Common solvents are for industrial or automotive applications, whereas less number of models exist to meet household demands. If you want solvent for household cleaning, you have to choose with utmost care.
- Required Dilution: The intensity of the grease and oil along with the level of cleanliness you want determines the concentration. It is better to pick a solvent that comes in a heavy concentration and can be diluted easily using water.
Cleaning Methods Used by Parts Washer
There exist several common methods you can use to wash the parts. Depending on your budget and availability, you can choose a suitable one to follow.
- Manual Cleaning: This is quite common to handle the considerably low amount of filths. In fact, this is ideal for smaller parts that are easy to reach and clean with brushes.
- Automatic Cleaning: People are no further interested in long hours of manual cleaning and there comes the automated process. The most common automated methods are high-pressure spray from electric basins to hit from different angles to cut the grease. Apart from that, water-based solutions come with chemical compositions that loosen the bond to dissolve the grease and oil.
- Immersing Agitation: This vat-style cleaner requires the immersion of the parts to agitate side-to-side or up-down. Also, the parts can be hit with a higher spraying pressure under the bath.
Managing Parts Washer Solvent Waste
In most cases, parts washer solvents become quite toxic and hazardous after usage. Improper management will, therefore, lead to numerous pollutions. This is why management of the waste solvent is extremely important regarding the environmental considerations.
There are two most important things to care when it is about management and disposal. The first one is the chemistry of the clean solvent and the contaminants added while the cleaning process.
You have to choose a reliable company to consult the possible solutions for quick and safe disposal. For heavy industrial usage, you should perform sufficient lab tests to analysis the contaminants.
It is better to contact a waste hauler or similar service companies who can afford to manage it perfectly. But make sure that your parts are cleaned well without any trace of solvent staining.
The solvents are not just a cleaning agent but also protects the engine bays free from grime and dirt. There are many tiny gaps through which oil, grease, and dust sneak. Not to mention, each of our best parts washer solvent is able to wipe out all those in a reasonable time.
Though there are risks to use as skin contact can cause much harm, yet people rely on these tools and liquids thanks to their safety features. All you need is to pick up the most suitable one accordingly and it will give you a shiny and almost new look to your parts.