Maybe you’re a handyman, or a homemaker with some DIY skills, or anyone else who needs to work with metals. If any of these works for you, you might have been through repairing works include connecting plates, filling gaps or joining surfaces.
So if I ask you “What’s that one essential thing for such kind of metal repairing jobs?”, what will you answer?
Yeah, you guessed it right. It’s the metal glue that helps to do all these right away. With a good one, you will certainly achieve a perfect connection that can withstand harsh conditions ensuring a longer service.
At this moment, there are too many glues are available to choose from. And choosing the right one is a hard nut to crack. But as you’re here reading this article, you won’t be the one suffering from this dilemma.
We are here with 7 best metal glues which will help you to get the desired result. In fact, the best metal glues we’ve selected, are cost-effective and capable of delivering a longer and satisfactory bonding strength in the first place.
So, take a few minutes from your busy schedule and let’s get going-
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 7 Best Metal Glue
- Reviews of 7 Best Metal Glue
- Buying Guide for Best Metal Glue
- Different Types of Glue
- Final Thoughts
Comparison on 7 Best Metal Glue
J-B Weld 8265S Original Cold-Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy
4 -6 hours
Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue
0.5 – 1 hour
Gorilla Super Glue Gel
10 – 45 seconds
Gorilla 4200101 Epoxy
Aleene's Jewelry & Metal Glue
2 – 5 minutes
Blue Magic 16002TRI QuikSteel Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty
Permatex 84109 PermaPoxy 4 Minute Multi-Metal Epoxy
Reviews of 7 Best Metal Glue
1. J-B Weld 8265S Original Cold-Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy
Epoxy is the most reliable choice when you need to apply stronger adhesive for hard plastic or metallic surfaces. And this epoxy cement from J-B Weld induces a stronger epoxy that dries with little shrinkage and running.
It offers a perfect two-part epoxy weld system that requires mixing before application. You need to mix the resin with the hardener at a ratio 1:1. You have to ensure that they are mixed thoroughly using paper plates and suitable sticks.
Not to mention, you will receive long-lasting stronger repair for metals. You can attain a maximum tensile strength of 3960 psi over full curing. The applied mix easily sets within 4 – 6 hours at normal temperature.
Over curing, it induces a permanent bondage that can tolerate higher temperatures up to 550°F. For filling holes in metal surfaces or joining different metal parts, you can choose this best metal glue to make a hard bond overnight.
- Two-part system with greater tensile strength of 3960 psi.
- Quicker setting of the applied mix within 4 – 6 hours.
- Bonding can be shaped, filed, sanded, tapped and drilled.
- Completely cured epoxy can withstand 550°F temperature.
- Suitable for metals, brick, concrete, and even fiberglass.
- Joining thin rods at angled position is difficult.
- Full curing may take long at higher temperature.
2. Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue
With a remarkable design, this best metal glue offers incredibly easy handling and application over almost all kinds of household surfaces. In fact, this unit from Locktite will provide perfect sealing solutions to meet your need.
The patented side design allows you to have the maximum control over the application. Again, it provides an air-tight as well as secure storage for the gel. With a suitable squeeze, the included gel formula will dispense only the amount you want to use and therefore, no more wastage of glue.
Being a rubberized gel, it comes with maximum strength to bind with the surface. Needless to say, the rubberized formulation delivers a flexible bonding that highly impacts resistant without any dripping consistency or running.
Apart from a clear drying, it sets with no clamping which makes it an ideal option for the harsh environment. Through innovative design and uncompromising quality, it will certainly give you superior performance with proven results.
- Superb side design offers better control over application.
- Rubberized formulation withstands rough and harsh conditions.
- Flexible bonding can resist vibration, impact, and temperature.
- Toughened glue easily resists moisture or chemical action.
- Clear drying of the gel without any running or clamping.
- Application on jewelry products won’t hold very good.
- Continuous or heavy application will require more tubes.
3. Gorilla Super Glue Gel
For an instant bonding between surfaces is required, you can have this versatile glue. Gorilla induces a top-quality formulation of glue gel which is suitable for long lasting repair setting within seconds after application.
The cyanoacrylate glue easily works on all kinds of metal, plastic and even stoned surfaces. With its high-performing formulation, a sufficient amount of gel requires only 10 – 45 seconds to set depending on surface type and area.
Containing rubber particles, the gel offers increased resistance to impact or shock and delivers greater strength for the gel. Having an anti-clogging cap for the container, you will get an air-tight space for glue storage which prevents the drying out.
There won’t be any running or failure when you will apply a sufficient amount of glue. It requires no clamping and therefore easy to apply. Thus, you will get a quick creation of permanent drying which can be as good as new.
- High-performing formulation suits metal and plastic surfaces.
- Almost instantaneous bond formation at room temperature.
- Perfect container with anti-clogging cap for secure storage.
- Rubber particles offer greater resistance to shock and impact.
- No running control formula can easily work without clamping.
- The gel can’t work on polyethylene or similar products.
- Excess application will result in a quick bonding failure.
4. Gorilla 4200101 Epoxy
This is another best epoxy glue for metal from Gorilla that makes the repairing job easier and stronger. Needless to say, this syringe type epoxy generates a perfect bond to hold multiple surfaces within a few minutes.
You need to dispense the epoxy before applying to attain the best result. And to ensure that, it introduces easy and quick dispensing for the hardener and resin which will help you to apply with optimum ease, regardless of the surface type.
The clear-drying delivers a crystal-clear finishing that will make the repairing surfaces spotless. With a satisfactory repositioning time, you can change or modify the epoxy application thanks to its 5 minutes setting time.
It is highly suitable for the gap and void filling along with vertical applications and the quality formulation can withstand the moderate level of exposure to water. Therefore, it offers an incredibly durable and strong bonding agent for both automotive and household repairing.
- Syringe design allows a quick mixing of hardener with resin.
- Durable, strong and flexible binding for the joint surfaces.
- Incredible formulation can resist solvent and water action.
- Tough bonding for metals, most plastics, and even woods.
- Moderate setting time of 5 minutes allows repositioning.
- Not recommended for any PVC or plasticizer products.
- The glue may not work well for heavyweight surfaces.
5. Aleene's Jewelry & Metal Glue
To repair jewelry apart from metals, you can definitely choose this in the first place that will deliver uncompromised service. In fact, you will get the best possible repairing for the surfaces with this Aleene’s creation.
Through a perfect formulation for the bonding gel, it imparts supreme stickiness for the surfaces, especially for metals and jewelry. Not to mention, jewelry requires a sensitive but powerful binding and this best metal glue has everything to impart that.
Again, the applied gel sets quickly which allows the user to reposition the gel upon necessity. After applying, the gel won’t run away so there is no possibility to have a loosen or weak bonding between the surfaces.
Clear drying is a requirement for quick and complete curing and it has got every bit of it encouraging more permanency for the bond. Providing almost instantaneous adhesion, it is indeed a great option for beads, stones, metals.
- Incredible formulation for the glue provides permanency.
- Heavy enough to resist possible running or shrinkage.
- Reasonable setting time to allow required repositioning.
- Squeezing tube design offers easy handling and application.
- Greater suitability for jewelry as well as metal surfaces.
- Temperature tolerance is quite lower than others.
- The bonding may get weakened for specific metals.
6. Blue Magic 16002TRI QuikSteel Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty
Along with stunning quality formulation, you will get the most reliable choice to have a stronger adhesion even under water. This epoxy putty from Blue Magic will deliver a perfect adhesive that dries with almost no shrinkage or running.
You will certainly enjoy a long lasting as well as strong repair service for several metals. Not to mention, the fully cured putty induces superior strength for the bond. The applied putty comes with a setting time of 5 minutes only.
Offering a convenient two-part epoxy system, you need mixing the resin along with the hardener at a ratio 1:1 before applying it over the surfaces. But, you must apply a thoroughly mixed putty using typical paper plates, sticks.
Apart from that, the permanent bondage can tolerate a higher temperature of 500°F at once. From household to automotive and from plumbing to marine application, this best glue for metal to metal will give you a reliable service for long.
- Superb formulation works almost anywhere in any condition.
- Easy drilling, tapping, filing, sanding or painting for the epoxy.
- Quick setting within 5 minutes offers full curing within 1 hour.
- Incredibly high tensile strength of 5950 psi over full curing.
- Resistance to temperature ranges from -90°F up to 500°F.
- Repairing welded joints may not work on specific cases.
- Wet curing may not hold good for particular products.
7. Permatex 84109 PermaPoxy 4 Minute Multi-Metal Epoxy
You can eliminate the requirement of brazing and welding for metal surfaces using this versatile adhesive. Along with Parmatex creation, you will receive a strong as well as durable epoxy bonding that offers quick drying.
Similar to the previous one, the two-part epoxy system requires thorough mixing before application. The included resin works pretty well with the hardener over a mix ratio of 1:1. Through paper plates and sticks, you can easily apply the mix to fill the gaps.
It will impart a long-lasting and permanent bonding for the metal joints. The applied epoxy requires about 4 minutes to set at normal temperature. Not to mention, it can attain a maximum strength of 4000 psi over full curing.
Fully cured bonding is resistant to shock and can withstand a temperature range of -60°F to 300°F being ideal for complex assemblies. You can have this unit to have a strong, durable and perfect bond to hold multiple surfaces together.
- Superior formulation to substitute blazing or welding needs.
- Water & solvent resisting capacity without clamping requirement.
- Moderate temperature resistance from -60°F up to 300°F.
- Highly suitable for filling voids, cracks and sealing seams.
- Quicker setting in 4 minutes can attain maximum 4000 psi.
- Popping or leaking may take place due to poor handling.
- Not holds very good for glass, ceramic or plastic surfaces.
Buying Guide for Best Metal Glue
To attain a permanent, strong and sticky bonding between metal surfaces, you will obviously need to use the best metal glue. You will find lots of cheap and normal glue among which picking the perfect one is indeed a challenging task.
It gets further troublesome when you need to have a glue for metal repairing. Regarding the question what is the best glue for metal, here are some important criteria that will help you to choose the best one with ease.
- Surface Type: You have to choose the glue depending on the surface type. Metal glues hold good for metals and others, but you may not get an excellent output for other surfaces. For jewelry or wood, you have to consider alternates for metal glue.
- Amount of Repairing: How much glue you will need is also important to determine whether the chosen one can provide sufficient filling or not. You can purchase multiple packs but you have to choose the right one.
- Setting & Curing Time: Setting as well as curing time is pretty important to attain the primary stickiness and permanency of the bonding. For sensitive works, you have to pick something that has quick setting time and curing time.
- Temperature Tolerance: For automotive or various household applications, the metal joints are subjected to get heated. Therefore, it is better to choose a glue that offers greater temperature tolerance.
- Tensile Strength: Tensile strength is quite important to ensure shock absorption along with stronger adhesion. In this case, the higher the strength is, the better is the glue.
Different Types of Glue
- White Glue: Suitable for indoor application where waterproof joints are not necessary.
- Glue Stick: These are a thicker version of white glue that is suitable for paper or so.
- Wood Glue: Highly waterproof gel sticking wooden products, mostly for indoor application.
- Silicon Glue: For a flexible bonding, silicon glue is the best which works great on glass.
- Goop: Goop is more or less suitable for almost all materials that provide a flexible joint.
- Fabric Glue: Fabric glue saturates the surfaces to penetrate and ensure stronger bonding.
- Super Glue: Super-glue acts very fast to become very strong and rigid. Two types of glue are available mostly – syringe type and epoxy type.
- Hot Glue: Hot glue is required for making lots of connections that require quick setting.
- Construction Adhesive: For permanent and strong joint between larger sections, construction adhesive provides a good option.
It is true that there are plenty of others in the market that can provide stronger bonds between the metals. But when you will consider the price of the product, we can assure you that the aforementioned ones have almost no alternatives. All you need is to find the most suitable one form our list to have the best bonding service for household or automotive applications. Each of our best metal glue will deliver incredible performance with proven results for sure.