In all fairness, despite being a small innovation, pliers are one of the most used tools you will ever find. No matter you’re a DIYer or a man with a beautiful garden, they come with plenty of uses for you. If we be more specific, it’s the fencing plier that we’re talking about.
As far as this review is concerned, our primary focus will be on fencing pliers, which is a must-have tool for any DIY project enthusiast.
What do we have to offer?
Well, as you make this journey with us, you will get to know some of the best-rated fencing pliers currently available. We won’t just give you the features, but we will put all of the features under the magnifying glass to measure its worth.
This review, this is our firm promise to you, will be strictly unbiased and based on real-life use case scenarios.
So, if you’re looking for all-around pliers (better at being fencing pliers), then stick with us till the very end to find what are the best fencing pliers.
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 5 Best Fencing Pliers
- Reviews of 5 Best Fencing Pliers 2020
- 1. DEWALT DWHT70273 Fencing Pliers: Best Quality Fencing Pliers
- 2. TEKTON 34541 10-1/2-Inch Fencing Pliers: Best Shear Type Fencing Pliers
- 3. Malco FP2 10-Inch Fencing Pliers: Best Portable fencing pliers
- 4. Michigan Industrial tools Fencing Pliers: Best Budget Fencing Pliers
- 5. KNIPEX Tools Orbis 9O 51 201/2000: Best Round Nose Fencing Pliers
- Buying a set of fencing pliers: things that matter
- Final Thoughts
Comparison on 5 Best Fencing Pliers
13.4 x 4.7 x 1
10.5 x 2.3 x 0.7
11.1 x 4.2 x 1
10.8 x 3.5 x 0.8
5.8 x 1.6 x 0.5
Reviews of 5 Best Fencing Pliers 2020
1. DEWALT DWHT70273 Fencing Pliers: Best Quality Fencing Pliers
As always, whenever you’re looking for value and performance, DEWALT fencing pliers is the way to go.
Due to their superior quality and reliability, they do dominate the consumer market in various categories, especially in construction. And we can’t forget their unique design footprint, which is something the makers at DEWALT are really proud to exhibit.
Now the DEWALT DWHT70273 is worthy of making it to our list for several reasons.
First of all, its unique design makes it a stand out option. You have a set of fencing pliers which come at a little bit above 10-inches. As far as the build quality is concerned, it does exhibit that premium look and feel, keeping the price tag at a very competitive position.
Then you have the slightly wavy handle design which further complements the entire package. You are getting that soft-touch rubber grip which does come with textured grips for smooth controllability, which is certainly commendable.
All in all, if you are looking for the best blend of features and pricing, then the DWHT70273 is the way to go. This particular set of pliers can offer superior quality alongside a great value, which is why it is one of the best quality fencing pliers.
2. TEKTON 34541 10-1/2-Inch Fencing Pliers: Best Shear Type Fencing Pliers
TEKTON is a trusted name in the tools and hardware industry. For some time now, they have come up with some unique tools to help you with either your chores or DIY projects.
The 34541 from TEKTON fencing pliers is no different in that matter.
Like some of the well-known brands out there, this particular set of pliers also offer a lot of solutions crammed into a single package. Maintenance and repair of will become a lot easier if you have a set of these lying around.
The best shear type fencing pliers also come with the superior capabilities of gripping and snipping heavy gauge or braided wire fences. 10-gauge mild-steel wire can’t stand in the way of its precision. Moreover, crimping and stapling goes a lot smoother with these pliers.
All in all, this 10.5-inch set of pliers gets 100% recommendation from our end thanks to its superior repairing and fencing capabilities. Check it out if you want to learn more.
3. Malco FP2 10-Inch Fencing Pliers: Best Portable fencing pliers
The FP2 from Malco Products made it into our review for the best fencing pliers for several reasons.
First of all, compactness is one of the most noteworthy points of this particular model. It’s simple and compact design allows it to be one of the best portable fencing pliers currently available.
As far as the overall design is concerned, this particular set of pliers has a much wavier handle than some of the existing options out there. But, to our surprise, handling is not a concern with it. Also, you are getting a fully-textured handle, which makes the handling job easier for anyone.
Although it is a 10-inch model, it doesn’t feel to be something overwhelming. You are getting three separate set of jaws for tying gripping and pulling, which is why it gets all the basics handled. Something more you should know about this model is that it can chew through a 9-gauge wire as if it were nothing. So, you may want to be mindful of that as well.
So, if you are looking for portability and convenient performance at the same time, you may want to get your hands on a pair of these.
4. Michigan Industrial tools Fencing Pliers: Best Budget Fencing Pliers
The makers at Michigan Industrial tools have come up with a budget pair of fencing pliers. Considering the price range and the overall features, we can confirm it is one of the best budget fencing pliers from our point of view.
Now you can’t just expect a budget product to be bad. As a matter of fact, this particular set of multipurpose pliers offer more than what they are worth. You are getting 7-in-1 functionality alongside the drop-forged heat treatment, which does offer a decent life expectancy.
Also, you should know about the cushioned handle design, which is not that slippery at all. Again, for a budget pair of pliers, they offer smooth a smooth channel and jaw design, which is clearly a rare commodity to find these days.
Overall, the offerings of this fencing pliers set are very promising. These 10.5-inch pliers will certainly be of a lot of help if you are looking for something on a budget.
5. KNIPEX Tools Orbis 9O 51 201/2000: Best Round Nose Fencing Pliers
Usability of a product depends on various factors. And a slim design is one of them. Thanks to the makers at KNIPEX Tools, we have the Orbis fencing pliers, which features a sleek design alongside some other robust features.
Pricing is fairly competitive if you factor in all the features it has to offer. For instance, the forged alloy steel offers a good lifespan. Pair it a set of textured handles, and you’ve got yourself a very commendable set of fencing pliers. Do note that you are getting some extra gripping space for a better pull, which you will go on to appreciate as well.
As always, with slim design comes a few compromises. For instance, you are getting a functional set of pliers which can only work as a cutter, a bender, and a tier. But, despite these compromises, we think it is one of the best slim and sleek set of pliers out there.
So, we would highly recommend that you check them out for yourselves.
Buying a set of fencing pliers: things that matter
Let’s just through this question out there to the masses:
What are the best fencing pliers?
Well, the answer to this question depends strictly on your use case. As a professional or DIY enthusiast, having that right set of tools around is always a necessity. And this implies for fencing pliers as well.
So, we thought we can somehow give you a few pointers to consider. Take note that the things we are going to talk about here will strictly vary on your use case. So, be mindful of that.
- Functionality is always the first thing you should look for. And the best functionality can only be achieved if the price is right. So, we can conclude that functionality and pricing are the two things you need to worry about the most.
- The best way to get the best functionality for at a winning rate is to be clear about your priorities. Are you a professional? Do you need fencing pliers on a daily basis? Or are you just a casual DIY user who only requires the basic things?
- As a professional, you may want to go with more functionality. By this, we mean you should look for pliers which offer more options for you to exploit. The 7-in-1 options which have come up in this review on the best fencing pliers may be enough for your daily needs. Also, keep an eye out for pricing as well.
- For a professional fencing pliers, it is a requirement for the tool to have that easy handleability. This means the tools you’re using should be comfortable for you and offer convenience on a daily basis. Which is why vendors have come up with unique grip designs allowing you to have a lot of headroom while you’re working.
Longevity shouldn’t be an issue here.
- Most manufacturers these days offer good metal-treatment on their pliers. But the weight distribution is what makes all the difference. So, it is possible that a particular set of pliers may have a solid construction, but due to the weight distribution, the overall experience may be at risk.
- For DIY users, unless it is a serious necessity, we would recommend that you stick to the budget options. They will not only allow you to save some cash, but you will also be able to invest in more tools, which may treat you well in the future.
- Minimal functionality doesn’t really mean that you can’t explore your options. In fact, a Do-it-yourself enthusiast should learn the art first, the put them to good use as the experience level rises.
This is where we say goodbye.
But before we do that, here’s a quick rundown of what you’ve learned so far.
For the most part, you had the opportunity to explore some of the best fencing pliers out there. Not only that, you got to know a fair bit about what you should expect from various features and how they stack up against their pricing.
Our primary concern here was to provide the most valid information within a very short time. Also, letting you know about you can approach the buying decision is probably an added bonus for all the novice users out there.
There’s one final thing we should mention:
Sticking with well-known brands is always a good idea if you’re looking for longevity and convenience. But if you’re on a really tight budget, then you should probably go with the option that works best.