Let’s just put it in simple words:
A concrete adhesive can bring down the overall repair cost by a substantial amount.
From the name ‘Adhesive’, it does seem self-explanatory. Like other adhesives, this particular type of adhesive is particularly helpful whenever you need to repair cracks in the concrete. There’s nothing else involved. It’s as simple as that!
And that’s where the concept of the best concrete adhesive comes into play.
The mention of the word ‘best’ is necessary for a couple of reasons.
First of all, there are a plethora of options to choose from. With such a wide range of products to choose from, it does become hard sometimes to find the right choice. Also, there’s always a difference when it comes to the cost per dollar for each product, which also needs attention.
Throughout this review, we will be talking about some of the best options out there. We will also be going through each of the options with a fine-tooth comb to let you decide which one works for you in the best possible ways.
So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 5 Best Concrete Adhesive
- Reviews of 5 Best Concrete Adhesive
- Concrete adhesive: how to buy the right one?
- Applying the adhesive properly: a few notes
- Final thoughts
Comparison on 5 Best Concrete Adhesive
Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive
PC Products 70086 PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste
E6000 220011 High Viscosity Adhesive
Dap 02131 Concrete Adhesive
Reviews of 5 Best Concrete Adhesive
1. Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
If you are in the market for the best adhesive for concrete blocks, then the Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive should probably be your first choice.
Let us explain:
First of all, the brand itself needs no introduction. Many of you may already be familiar with the level of quality the folks of Gorilla can offer. So, when it comes to quality and reliability, then you shouldn’t look any further.
It is one of the best at what it does. As far as the conditions concerned, the drying time may vary to some degree. But you can expect the adhesive to dry up in around 30-minutes, which is more than acceptable. Also, the fact that it’s usable for both indoor and outdoor repairs is commendable as well.
Some of the other features include gap-filling capabilities, less odor and, little to no foaming. Although these are minor details, the way they bind together is close to flawless.
Overall, we think it is a complete package. Although the pricing is a bit steep, you get what you pay for. So, we would recommend this adhesive 100% to any professional or DIY user.
- Flawless binding capabilities.
- Dry time is substantially low.
- It can fill gaps easily without leaving a trace.
- Odorless formula with almost no foaming.
- No difference in performance in indoors or outdoors.
- It is an expensive option.
- Leaks sometimes reduce the overall usability.
2. Loctite PL Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive
When it comes to the best adhesive for concrete to wood, then the Loctite Polyurethane adhesive should certainly be one of your choices. As far as the features go, it does stack up with some of the best options currently available.
At first, like some of the premium options, it can sustain its performance in various weather conditions. Do take note that its suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the price.
Aging, in comparison with other high-end solutions, it does come with moisture curing capabilities, which gives it a huge advantage when it comes to both hot and cold weather conditions. It is a paintable and waterproof option adhesive, which is suitable for almost any construction application.
All in all, we think its an option for the masses. We are saying this with such confidence because of the price to performance margin, which clearly is commendable. So, you should obviously check it out if you’re interested, especially if you’re a DIY enthusiast.
- Pricing is competitive.
- Performs well in both hot and cold weather conditions.
- Binds concrete and other construction materials well.
- Usability is intact in all weather conditions.
- Without proper application of the paste, you won’t get the desired results.
3. PC Products 70086 PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste
The PC Products 70086 2-part Epoxy Adhesive Paste came under our radar because of its distinct feature set.
Apart from being a well-known brand in the constructions market, the makers at PC products are particularly famous for bringing top-notch products at a very competitive price. And this particular adhesive paste does make itself a worthy option in this best concrete adhesive review.
First of all, this particular adhesive is very effective for vertical applications. Thanks to its special formula, this thick paste is can resist moisture and offer quick binding even in damp conditions. So, if you’re looking for the best adhesive for concrete walls at a cheap rate, then you can pick this up without any doubt.
Other than that, the 70086 2-part epoxy adhesive works really well in different weather conditions. Although the cure time is not that great (4-hours at 75-degree Fahrenheit), you can certainly appreciate the 20-minute service time.
In conclusion, all we would like to say is this:
Whether you’re an enthusiast or a professional, there shouldn’t be any doubt in you mind if you really want to have a shot at this option. We can assure you, it won’t disappoint.
- It holds up well during expansion and contraction.
- Suitable for almost any construction, particularly if it involves vertical spaces.
- Fills up cracks and holes nicely.
- Offers a really good value.
- It is particularly thick, which makes it hard to apply sometimes.
4. E6000 220011 High Viscosity Adhesive
The 220011 High Viscosity adhesive from E6000 is, by far, one of the most surprising options we have seen so far. It covers almost every aspect of being the best at what it does, which is why are calling it the best all-around concrete adhesive.
The secret to such a robust concrete solution lies within the formula itself.
First of all, it's both chemical and temperature resistant. Now you can argue that even the average product can have both of these things. But the degree of precision is much better with the 220011, which one of the prime reasons for it being in our list.
This non-flammable industrial-grade solution can also withstand chemical exposure, which is something of a rare trait these days. As a matter of fact, finding such options with such versatile binding strength isn’t easy at all, which is why this particular concrete glue is so different.
Overall, if anyone is looking for that industrial grade performance, then the 220011 high viscosity adhesive is the way to go.
- A non-flammable, heat-resistant solution.
- It’s also paintable which can sustain exposure from various chemicals,
- Industrial level bonding performance.
- Suitable for use in various weather conditions.
- It’s 2x stronger and 60x more flexible than polyurethane, increasing the overall usability.
- For smaller DIY projects, you may want to look for something else.
5. Dap 02131 Concrete Adhesive
DAP, as many of you may know, is one of the oldest industrial product manufacturers. From the moment they’ve started their journey, they focused on only one thing, to provide quality of the greatest level.
And the 02131-concrete adhesive from DAP is no exception.
As you all are aware, there are very few products out there which offer the right balance between quality and performance. Among those few, you can count this concrete adhesive as well.
It’s an overall option for both professionals and enthusiasts alike. It’s got a good texture to it. Also, it's not that hard to use at all. All in all, it’s a strong adhesive which can take care of small patchwork and other related projects.
So, if you’re someone looking for something to get started with your small projects, then you may want to choose this option. As far as quality and performance are concerned, there shouldn’t be any issues.
- Binding capabilities are ok.
- Easy and flexible to work with.
- Shows a good amount of resistance to cracks and shrinking.
- It’s not overpriced, you get what you pay for.
- If you’re looking an adhesive for larger projects, then you should stay away from this one.
Concrete adhesive: how to buy the right one?
So far, we have shown you some of the options which will give you a better deal for your money.
But that’s not where we want to end it.
It’s completely logical that your work may require something more than the concrete adhesives we have shown here. And that’s perfectly fine.
So, keeping that in mind, we would like to give you a few pointers on how you should choose the best concrete adhesive.
- Your use case will determine almost 80% of your decision-making process. All of the products we have showcased here can work with binding different materials. But there are certain use cases you should consider.
For instance, for outdoor use, many users, especially professionals tend to go towards mortar. It's very easy to mix. Also, you can easily apply it with a mortar trowel wherever necessary.
Silicon caulk is also a good option thanks to its unbiased color tone and usability. This option is particularly effective for kitchen spaces, where blend ability is a big concern.
Last but not the least, liquid or paste-like adhesives are the way to go for concrete overlays. They have superior binding capabilities when it comes to concrete surfaces.
- Then you have the basic features to consider like paintability, temperature resistance, chemical resistance and immunity from cracks. These features pretty much depend on the brand. So, you’d have to do your research.
- The final concern, for those who are on a budget, is to stick with a reputable brand. This is really important, because with reputable brands comes the reliability and quality which may be hard to find on lower-end options.
Applying the adhesive properly: a few notes
This section is for the novices out there who want to get started with their own repair works. These points should help you get started with your repairing adventures.
- Clean the concrete surface as best as you can. This will allow better concealment and binding.
- Ensuring the right temperature is very important. Try to work in acceptable weather conditions (approximately around 65 to 95-degree Fahrenheit). If the weather condition is too aggressive, then you need to look for some better concrete adhesives rather than going for a mediocre option.
- Now you can bring the two surfaces together. Be careful about this, as you may end up with misaligned surfaces if you’re not careful.
- Leave the adhesive to dry for at least 24-hours (Although the options we have shown in this review can do a lot better)
- Using safety equipment is a necessity for tasks of this magnitude. So, be mindful of that as well.
We have now reached the end of the line!
So far, in this review on the best concrete adhesive, we have tried to bring you all the valid info you may need. The overviews were geared toward helping you make the best possible purchase decision.
We’ve also tried to show you the ways to help you do your own maintenance jobs. Overall, all our efforts were to help you find the concrete adhesive that suits your needs.
Whether you’re a professional or a novice, all you need to care about is whether or not you’re spending your money the right way. Reaching that sweet spot between convenience and precision is never easy, especially when handling such sensitive items.
So, we can only hope that you can make the right choices with the tools we have given you.